Giovanni Pernice discusses quarantining with Strictly dancers ahead of new series

0
10


Strictly Come Dancing‘s Giovanni Pernice appeared to hint at rifts between some cast members as he discussed living in quarantine together while filming. 

Speaking about the show’s forthcoming new series on FUBAR Radio‘s Access All Areas on Thursday, the professional dancer, 29, talked about being side-by-side during production amid the coronavirus crisis and the difficulties that might entail.

Giovanni explained that Strictly is like any other workplace, as he said: ‘If there’s somebody you don’t like, you pretend that you like them. It’s the environment isn’t it.’

‘If there’s somebody you don’t like, you pretend to like them’: On Thursday Giovanni Pernice discussed quarantining with Strictly dancers ahead of the show’s new series

MailOnline contacted Strictly representatives, who declined to comment. 

He went on to detail the logistics of the team isolating together in a hotel for two weeks, and said: ‘I know that there’s a chance that the pros could be quarantined all together for two weeks doing the group numbers. Because obviously, we have to film all the group numbers.

‘Usually we do them live or we pre-record during the week, but this time I think we’re going to pre-record all of it, which is going to be like 14 group numbers. It makes sense for us to get all together and do it all at once.’ 

Gushing about the work put in by show bosses behind-the-scenes, Giovanni went on: ‘What we know is that they’re really trying hard. The BBC is trying really hard to make it work. That’s what we know. And we want this to happen.

Looking forward: Giovanni also discussed his split from Ashley Roberts in January, and he described himself as 'single and ready to mingle' (pictured in 2019)

Looking forward: Giovanni also discussed his split from Ashley Roberts in January, and he described himself as ‘single and ready to mingle’ (pictured in 2019)

Difficulties: Giovanni appeared to hint at rifts between some cast members as he said Strictly is like any other workplace and claimed 'it's the environment isn't it' (pictured in 2019)

Difficulties: Giovanni appeared to hint at rifts between some cast members as he said Strictly is like any other workplace and claimed ‘it’s the environment isn’t it’ (pictured in 2019)

‘I think everybody waits for Strictly every year. It’s a moment where Christmas is coming up so everybody wants Strictly. What we know is that they’re really trying really hard.’

Earlier this month, it was revealed that bosses had put forward drastic measures to ensure the show goes ahead later this year.

A BBC representative confirmed the ballroom experts, including the likes of Oti Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and Dianne Buswell, will be able to practise their group dances together in quarantine from next month amid the coronavirus pandemic.  

Like many British shows, the dancers will be joined by a scaled-back crew, while the performances will be shot in a small studio and aired throughout the series.

Closer than ever: Strictly pros will isolate together in a hotel for two weeks as earlier this month bosses put forward drastic measures to ensure the show goes ahead (pictured in 2019)

Closer than ever: Strictly pros will isolate together in a hotel for two weeks as earlier this month bosses put forward drastic measures to ensure the show goes ahead (pictured in 2019)

A spokesperson for Strictly said: ‘The BBC and the entire Strictly family are working hard to ensure everyone can enjoy some much needed Strictly sparkle later this year.

‘Our professional dancers are set to start rehearsing remotely at the end of July. As we continue to follow the latest guidance from Public Health England and industry guidelines, we are considering isolating the dancers and key production members to enable our much-loved group numbers to continue.

‘We’re incredibly proud of our professional dancers for their dedication to the show and their commitment to showcasing their love of dance to the nation. 

‘The safety of our cast and crew is of the utmost importance to us and further updates will be made in due course.’ 

The Sun has also alleged the talented choreographers could isolate with their celebrity partners before the BBC favourite kicks off in September. 

Giovanni went on to discuss his split from Ashley Roberts in January after two years together, and he described himself as ‘single and ready to mingle’.

Happier times: Giovanni and Ashley confirmed their romance in December 2018 before splitting after two years together

Happier times: Giovanni and Ashley confirmed their romance in December 2018 before splitting after two years together

Of how he plans to date, he claimed he wouldn’t use dating apps as he said: ‘I want to meet the person and see if there is a connection. Obviously you have to fancy the person.’

And when asked about his famous exes Georgia May Foote and TOWIE’s Jessica Wright, he added: ‘I think I just had girlfriends. I didn’t think that they were famous. When you’re in love or when you’re in a relationship, you don’t think about the fact they are famous.

‘You can fall in love with the person who works in Tesco. It just happens. You can’t choose who, you just fall in love.’ 

Moving forward: Of how he plans to date now, Giovanni claimed he wouldn't use dating apps as he said: 'I want to meet the person and see if there is a connection' (pictured in February 2019)

Moving forward: Of how he plans to date now, Giovanni claimed he wouldn’t use dating apps as he said: ‘I want to meet the person and see if there is a connection’ (pictured in February 2019)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here