Cop kicks and drags female driver during traffic stop in McDonald’s parking lot in San Jose and is caught on camera by DoorDash delivery man
- A cop kicked and dragged a woman during an arrest in a McDonald’s parking lot in San Jose, California, that was filmed by a DoorDash delivery man Wednesday
- The unnamed officer was placed on desk duty after the video emerged, prompting an internal investigation by the San Jose Police Department
- In the footage, a female arrest suspect is seen sitting on the ground next to her vehicle as an officer suddenly moves toward her and kicks the woman in the side
- The kick sent the woman to the ground, where she is later placed in handcuffs and dragged away by the wrists to a nearby, unmarked police vehicle
- Cops later identified the woman as Guadalupe Esperanza Marin, 39, who was arrested on charges of driving on a suspended license
- The woman also was charged with possession of paraphernalia and resisting arrest, and her vehicle was impounded
A police officer kicked and dragged a woman during an arrest in a McDonald’s parking lot in San Jose, California, that was filmed by a DoorDash delivery man Wednesday.
The emergence of the footage, which includes a woman and two children pleading with the officer to stop, has now landed the cop on desk duty while an internal investigation over the use of force is underway.
At the time of the arrest at a McDonald’s at Santa Clara and 28th streets around 5.45pm Wednesday, cops armed with a seizure warrant had stopped the vehicle for eluding authorities that same day and previously on July 18, police said. It was not clear why police were attempting to stop the car.
The department chose not to identify the cop during the probe.
A police officer kicked and dragged a woman during an arrest in a McDonald’s parking lot in San Jose, California, that was filmed by a DoorDash delivery man Wednesday. Pictured is an image from the footage of the woman on the ground during the arrest
An officer during the arrest is pictured handcuffing the woman in an image from the footage
The same officer is later seen in the footage dragging the woman across the parking lot
The footage shows the officer dragging the woman to a nearby, unmarked police vehicle
The woman appears in the footage, handcuffed and leaning against the police vehicle
The woman, Guadalupe Esperanza Marin, 39, was arrested on charges of driving on a suspended license, possession of paraphernalia and resisting arrest, the San Jose Spotlight reported.
A woman and two children, who were passengers in the vehicle during the traffic stop, were not charged and the vehicle was impounded.
Footage of the incident was shot by DoorDash employee Josh Gil as he was preparing meals for a delivery run.
‘I heard the cops pull up behind that woman. I think she was with a family member and two kids,’ he told San Jose Spotlight.
‘They pulled the guns out on them and demanded to get out of the car,’ Gil said.
The delivery man then described watching how a cop began kicking the driver.
‘He gave her, like, a spartan kick, like an unnecessary spartan kick to the stomach,’ Gil said ‘You just see her wind get knocked out right off bat.’
The arrest took place at a McDonald’s at Santa Clara and 28th streets (pictured)
Gil said he believes cops suspected the vehicle was stolen. People can be heard in the footage saying that the car had just been purchased.
‘Even if she was guilty of the crime they suspected her of committing, they shouldn’t have used that excessive force on her because she was being compliant,’ Gil said.