Australian Surfer Ross Clarke-Jones hasn’t been able to surf since breaking his ankle on Survivor

0
5


Surfer Ross Clarke-Jones reveals horrific impact of horror injury he sustained on Survivor – and why he wishes he NEVER went on the show

  • Surfer Ross Clarke-Jones broke his ankle on Australian survivor in August 2019 
  • The 53-year-old was taking part in a challenge when the rope he was on broke
  • He is suing the production company Endemol Shine Australia for damages
  • Clarke-Jones has revealed he hasn’t been able to surf since the injury 

Australian Surfer Ross Clarke-Jones hasn’t been able to surf since breaking his ankle on Survivor 

Australian surfer Ross Clarke-Jones revealed he hasn’t been able to get back on the waves since breaking his ankle on Survivor and is suffering from depression.

The big wave surfer said he regrets ever going on the series in Fiji last year, despite the ‘once in a lifetime experience’. 

The 53-year-old was swinging on a rope during a challenge when it broke and his entire 90kg body weight was placed on his ankle.

His injury was so bad he was sent home early, missing out on the $500,000 prize pool. 

Clarke-Jones is now suing the production company Endemol Shine Australia for damages.

‘I’ll f***ing never do it again and I wish I never did it actually,’ Clarke-Jones told host Jamie MitchellI on the podcast Late Drop: The Big Wave.

The big wave surfer is taking legal action against Endemol Shine Australia, after he broke his ankle on the show during a rope challenge (pictured, in the moments after the incident)

The big wave surfer is taking legal action against Endemol Shine Australia, after he broke his ankle on the show during a rope challenge (pictured, in the moments after the incident)

‘The experience was amazing but what has happened to my leg and my life and my career.’ 

‘I have never in my life experienced pain like that. Then it got worse.

‘I haven’t surfed since. I got so depressed.’

When he tried to return to the water on June 17 he said he felt like his leg wasn’t attached to its body.

He described it as feeling like a ‘rubber thing’ when he tried to ride six waves on a tow board.

The surfer also expressed frustration at being kicked off the show early because of the injury. 

The surfer is carried off the set after getting injured in August last year (pictured) and he is now suing production company Endemol Shine Australia

The surfer is carried off the set after getting injured in August last year (pictured) and he is now suing production company Endemol Shine Australia

The 53-year-old (pictured) said he regrets ever going on the show despite the 'once in a lifetime experience'

The 53-year-old (pictured) said he regrets ever going on the show despite the ‘once in a lifetime experience’

The big wave Surfer revealed how going on the show turned his life upside down while speaking on the Late Drop: The Big Wave Podcast (pictured)

The big wave Surfer revealed how going on the show turned his life upside down while speaking on the Late Drop: The Big Wave Podcast (pictured)

‘I was doing so well. I was sitting pretty. I had the boys, I had the girls, I was in there with everyone, I did not have any enemies. I thought, ‘f***, I have got this, I am going to win this f*****g easily,’ he said.

‘Don’t talk too much, you just have to sit in the middle. You don’t win too many (challenges) and then that happened.’

The surfer was participating in the ‘Champions v Contenders’ series of the show, which was shot in Fiji between April 29 and June 23 last year. 

The 53-year-old is taking legal action against the markers of Australian Survivor over allegations of negligence and a breach of duty by the show’s producers.

He is seeking damages for loss of past and future earnings and medical documents.

The surfer (pictured) is suing the production company Endemol Shine Australia for damages

The surfer (pictured) is suing the production company Endemol Shine Australia for damages 

A statement of claim filed to the Supreme Court of Victoria said the athlete suffered depression and anxiety, as well as a loss of income after the injury.

The statement said Ross had ‘sponsorship arrangements’ at the time of his injury with Quicksilver and Red Bull and was left ‘totally incapacitated’ since the injury.

Endemol Shine Australia Pty Ltd. is denying the allegations the injury was linked to negligence. 

The case will be heard at the Melbourne Supreme Court on August 9, 2021.

The 53-year-old (pictured) was swinging on a rope during a challenge on Australian survivor when it broke and his entire 90kg body weight was placed on his ankle

The 53-year-old (pictured) was swinging on a rope during a challenge on Australian survivor when it broke and his entire 90kg body weight was placed on his ankle 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here